Thursday, July 26, 2012

Crochet Table Runner


I've been searching for the right table runner for my table in my breakfast nook forever! I could never seem to find just the right one. I found the antique bird cage thingy at a local vintage fair this past spring, and just recently came across the adorable blue glass vases in a local antique store (They look more green in the photo, but they're more of a turquoise blue). I added the fake flowers last week that I found at Michaels craft store. It was looking better, but still missing that table runner!

I went searching on Ravelry and found this pattern:


I knew as soon as I saw it that this was THE one!

I gathered my supplies:


I used Lily Sugar and Cream cotton yarn in "Ecru" and an "H" hook.
I began one evening...


...and finished it the following night!


It's a quick crochet project and very easy!
I didn't make it real long because my table isn't very big, and I didn't want it to run into the spaces at the ends of the table where two of us eat.


I think this pattern would also make great place mats. Just make them a bit shorter.
I'm very happy with my new table runner, especially since I not only made it myself, but it only cost me about $2.00 worth of yarn!

The Perfect Touch










No comments:

Post a Comment